The Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment program is an appealing opportunity to widen visa-free horizons, protect assets, including digital asset such as bitcoin, and optimise taxes. Over 2,000 investors have already used this opportunity and obtained a second passport of this country.
The passport of Antigua and Barbuda should be renewed every 5 years. According to the Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment (Amendment) Act 2016 (14.3), an investor who has already participated in the CIP and obtained Antigua’s passport must go through another due diligence and pay renewal fees in a 5-year period to renew the passport. The CIB Unit of Antigua and Barbuda stated that this requirement “has generated concern within the industry, particularly within the sub-region.”
Thus, the government of Antigua and Barbuda decided to remove this requirement. It’s expected that the changes would come into effect in the second quarter of 2018.
There are two investment options to choose from – a non-refundable donation and investment in property on the island.
Please note that in autumn 2017, the minimum investment amount to a state fund was reduced by 50%, making it $100,000. In January 2018, the authorities revealed that the discount would end after October 31, 2018.
Apparently, the expected change in the CBI program would attract more high net worth individuals interested in an Antigua’s passport.
In 2017, the Antigua and Barbuda CIP helped to increase the state budget by $300 million, over $198.7 million were gained with the help of investment in real estate option.
Investing at least $400,000 in a government-approved real estate object, one is able to apply for the passport of Antigua and Barbuda. It’s also possible to invest in shares of a hotel or resort. The main requirement of this option is to hold the investment for at least 5 years. It’s possible to resell this real estate object afterwards without losing citizenship status.
Pluses of Antigua and Barbuda passport
Economic citizenship of Antigua and Barbuda started its official work in 2013. Over 2,000 candidates were approved to receive the citizenship. The program is quite popular because the passport opens the doors to such privileges as visa-free travel to 100+ countries and strong assets protection systems.
Here is a list of 6 main advantages of the passport:
- Freedom of movement. The passport allows to enter over 136 countries on visa-free basis. Antigua and Barbuda citizens don’t need visas to Hong Kong, Singapore, the UK, and the EU countries, among others.
- Each member of your family will become a citizen. According to the existing legislation of Antigua and Barbuda, an investor may include in the application unmarried dependent children under the age of 28, dependent parents over the age of 65 and a spouse.
- The process to obtain citizenship takes about up to 5 months.
- There is a minimum requirement to reside on the island. To renew your passport, you should visit the country for at least 5 days within a 5-year period.
- Appealing taxation system. Antigua doesn’t have inheritance, world income, capital gains and dividends tax. Antigua is the only country in the Caribbean that gives you the opportunity to obtain a tax residency.
What else should you know about Antigua and Barbuda citizenship?
There is no need to travel abroad to apply for citizenship. The process from beginning to end is supervised by a qualified specialist. An investor must be over 18 years of age and have no criminal records in order to go through due diligence with ease. An investor might fail during due diligence if the information they have submitted is false, if they have a previous criminal record or dangerous illness.
The Antigua and Barbuda citizenship is issued for a lifetime. The children born after the parents obtain their citizenships become citizens free of charge. In conclusion, it is not only an investment in your own future, it’s an investment in the future of your children.
Interested in more detailed information about Antigua and Barbuda citizenship by investment program? Contact us!
- We offer free consultations, understanding how important it is for the client to make the only correct decision.
- We work only in the field of investment immigration, integrating gained experience into the investor’s goal.
- We work only with official programs of the European Union and Caribbean countries.
- Before signing the contract, we inform our clients about all additional fees and expenses.
- We conduct a screening to assess the investor’s chances of obtaining the desired citizenship.
- We oversee the process at each stage and work exclusively towards the result.
- We are in touch 24/7.