St Kitts and Nevis CBI program is amongst the best options for high-net-worth individuals seeking a cost-effective and expedited solution to obtaining a second citizenship and passport for the ease of visa-free travel for themselves and their family members. A powerful passport that provides visa-free entry to 156 destinations worldwide, competitive pricing, and a simple procedure are all reasons that spur investors to purchase a second passport from St. Kitts.
Saint Kitts and Nevis Citizenship By Investment Options & Prices
To obtain a St Kitts and Nevis permanent residency and citizenship, St. Kitts and Nevis citizenship by investment Program requires investors to make a significant economic contribution to the country. The granting of full citizenship is dependent on the investor making the investment and submitting a complete application. St Kitts citizenship requirements include a thorough background check on the individual applicant and any eligible family members.
St Kitts and Nevis CBI Program offers two straightforward investment options for investors to choose from:
A) The Sustainable Growth Fund (SGF)
St Kitts & Nevis CBI Unit created the SGF investment option in April 2018. The new fund aims to enhance the economic landscape of St. Kitts and Nevis, and through donating a non-refundable contribution to this fund applicants can obtain a St. Kitts and Nevis passport.
The SGF is open for donations with the following thresholds:
- $150,000: Single applicant
- $195,000: Family of Four Option (Main applicant with up to three dependents)
- $25,000: Spouse
- $20,000: Sibling
- $10,000: Each additional family member or dependent other than siblings who maintain a $20,000 requirement.
B) Real Estate Investments
St Kitts and Nevis CBI program offers two different investment levels for the real estate purchasing option. The difference being the minimum holding period requirement and price are as shown below:
- Seven-year hold period: investors can make a minimum investment of $200,000 towards a government-approved luxury resort project. The investor must hold the property for a minimum of seven years, once the minimum hold period passes, the investor can resell the property.
- Five-year hold period: investors may also purchase a government-approved property valued at $400,000 or purchase shares valued at the same amount in a resort. The investor must hold the property for a minimum of five years. When the minimum hold period passes, the investor has the option to resell the property.
For either real estate option, investors need government fees as shown below:
- $35,050 (Main applicant);
- $20,050 (Spouse of the main applicant);
- $10,050 (Other qualified dependents).
What does the Saint Kitts and Nevis passport cost?
The St Kitts passport cost will vary greatly, depending on the investment option chosen and whether the investor is applying as an individual or with family members. The following two examples will provide a snapshot of what is the cost of citizenship in St Kitts.
St. Kitts and Nevis has set due diligence and processing fees as follows:
- $7,500 for the main applicant;
- $4,000 for each dependent of the main application who is over the age of 16 years.
- There is also a passport application fee of $350.
In one scenario, if an investor is applying as a single applicant for the SGF, the price for the St Kitts and Nevis passport would be $150,000 before applicable due diligence, legal,
and administrative fees. Including the processing and passport fees the total comes down to $157,850.
In another scenario, if an investor is applying for the seven-year holding period real estate option together with their spouse and two children below the age of 16, the total cost
would be $307,900, meaning the average cost for the passport would only be $76,975 per person.
If you would like to check the exact St. Kitts citizenship cost you can use our free St. Kitts and Nevis citizenship by investment calculator here.
What are the costs and fee structure?
For serious investors wishing to buy a second passport from St. Kitts, knowing the overall fee structure and extra costs involved is key. The following provides an overview of the essential application fees involved that make up the St. Kitts and Nevis citizenship cost:
Minimum CBI investment:
- $150,000 Sustainable Growth Fund (SGF) OR
- $200,000 (Real Estate).
Due diligence and Processing fees:
- $7,500: Due diligence of the main applicant.
- $4,000: Due diligence for a dependent over 16.
- $4,000: Due diligence for a financial sponsor.
Government Fee (applicable to the real estate option only):
- $35,050: Main applicant.
- $20,050: Spouse of the main applicant.
- $10,050: Any other qualified dependent of the main applicant, regardless of age.
- $350: Per applicant.
In addition to the above application fee structure and costs, investors considering the Accelerated Application Process (AAP) fast-track route, which allows them to obtain their
St Kitts and Nevis citizenship in as little as 60 days; there is an additional cost for this luxury. The following provides a brief breakdown of the AAP fees, which includes the due diligence costs.
- $25,000: Main applicant.
- $20,000: Any family member aged 16 or over.
- $500: Any family member under the age of 16 (passport fee only).
If you would like to learn more about the St Kitts Nevis citizenship benefits, citizenship cost in 2021, how long to process St Kitts and Nevis citizenship, or have other queries contact us today for an individual consultation with our St. Kitts and Nevis citizenship expert.
Frequently Asked Questions & Answers
Is St Kitts citizenship worth it?
Absolutely! If you're looking for enhanced travel mobility, the St. Kitts and Nevis passport gives you visa-free access to 156 destinations worldwide. The country is also considered a tax haven, the program itself is easy, affordable, and you can add your entire family!
How long does it take to complete St Kitts citizenship by investment process?
It only takes 3 months to complete the process, unless you opt to pay for the accelerated service which only takes 45-60 days of processing. This means the process has an average timeline of 2 months!
How long is a St. Kitts & Nevis passport valid?
St. Kitts and Nevis passports are issued for 5 years at a time and are renewable indefinitely. Meaning you and your family are forever citizens of St. Kitts and Nevis. One more thing to keep in mind is that just like issuing the passport for the first time, renewing it does not require traveling to St. Kitts and Nevis and can be done remotely!