The beautiful country of St. Kitts and Nevis is not only a natural gem of the Caribbean but the provider of one of the world’s most popular citizenship by investment programs. We have a full breakdown of the program here, but in this post, we will be providing you with a step-by-step guidance on how to apply for a St. Kitts and Nevis citizenship and passport through investment. So let’s get to it.
- 1 Requirements for St. Kitts and Nevis passport
- 2 How to get a St Kitts and Nevis passport by Investment?
- 3 What documents are needed?
- 4 What are the costs?
- 5 Are there any restrictions on who can apply?
- 6 How long is the validity of a passport?
- 7 On what grounds could my citizenship application be refused?
- 8 Passport Renewal – the process of renewing a passport, how to renew it, and how much it costs
Requirements for St. Kitts and Nevis passport
The requirements are quite simple and straightforward, they are:
- Have a clean criminal record
- Be above 18 years of age
- Make a qualified investment
- Submit a full application
How to get a St Kitts and Nevis passport by Investment?
Since its establishment in 1984, the island country has run the longest and one of the best managed citizenship-by-investment (CBI) programs in the world. Under the program, foreigners can submit St Kitts passport applications through investing in government development funds or in approved real estate projects.
The real estate investment route covers pre-approved projects such as hotel shares, villas, or condominium units. The minimum investment is $200,000 held for at least seven years or $400,000 with a shorter holding period of five years.
The donation to a government development fund route entails a non-refundable $150,000 contribution to the Sustainable Growth Fund (SGF). An applicant along with three dependents, for example, a spouse and two children, are required to contribute $195,000. For any additional dependent, besides the first three applicants, an $10,000 must be added, regardless of how old the child is.
The process takes about three to four months, regardless of whether a client chooses the SGF option or the real-estate program. St Kitts passport application can also be accelerated for a fee through the Accelerated application process (AAP), which only takes 60 days.
What documents are needed?
All Applicants are required to provide the following documents:
- Completed St Kitts Nevis passport application form
- C1- Application for registration as a Citizen,
- A suitable Photograph and Signature Certificate (form C2)
- A Medical Certificate (form C3)
- Birth certificate
- In the case of a name change a certified copy of document proving the change
- Provide a copy (certified) of their current national identity cards except for children under the age of 16.
- Certified copy of all current and valid passports
- HIV Test Results. The test results must be taken 3 months or less prior to application. Children under the age of 12 do not need to take the test.
- Police Certificate showing no criminal record for any person aged 16 or above in the application
- Provide six photographs, they must be recent
Other supporting documents that are required by the main applicant are:
- A filled application Form (from C4) and the Investment Confirmation/Escrow Agreement (SIDF option)
- A completed and signed Purchase Agreement for the real estate option
- Provide a professional reference, this must be original and can be from a notary, attorney, charted accountant, etc) within last six months
- Bank Statements for the past year
- An original, and recent, reference letter issued by an internationally recognized bank
- Certified copies of any Military Service Records or an exemption from any military service (if applicable)
- An original document showing the applicant’s residential address
- Any employment Letters showing the beginning of employment, the position within the company, and the salary earned during employement
- Certified copy of any Business Licenses owned by the main application (and/or any applicable Incorporation documents)
- Original excerpt of main applicant’s marriage record and marriage certificates (certified copies) if married persons apply together
- Divorce documents in the case of a divorce(certified copies)
- Source of funds proof for investment amount that will be transferred to St. Kitts & Nevis
- Proof of Financial Support, such as a signed affidavit, for any dependents aged 18 -30 in the application
- University Degrees (if applicable)
- A signed Power of Attorney
- Applicants can utilize the services of approved service providers to complete St Kitts citizenship application forms.
What are the costs?
The SGF donation route requires an investment of $150,000 for a single applicant, a $195,000 investment for a family up to four people, and an additional $10,000 for each additional applicant. Apart from making the investments, the main applicant needs to pay due diligence and processing fees of $7,500 and an additional $4,000 for each dependent over 16 years old.
Applicants who choose the real estate investment route need to pay a government fee of $35,050 for the main applicant and $20,050 for spouse and $10,050 for any other additional dependents. There will also be due diligence and processing fees in the same amounts of the donation option.
Last but not least, there is a passport fee of $350 per person.
To make things simpler for you we have a St. Kitts and Nevis citizenship cost calculator that you can use for free, just click here to see how much it will cost you and your family.
Are there any restrictions on who can apply?
There are a few restricted nationalities that are citizens of Iran, Myanmar, North Korea, Cuba, or Afghanistan. However, nationals of these countries residing outside their country with permanent resident status in the USA, UK, or Canada may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
How long is the validity of a passport?
The passport is valid for ten years validity and can be renewed afterward.
On what grounds could my citizenship application be refused?
The citizenship application can be refused if the applicant has a criminal record, an issued arrest warrant, or fails to pass the due diligence clearance. False information in the citizenship application can also lead to rejection.
Passport Renewal – the process of renewing a passport, how to renew it, and how much it costs
St Kitts and Nevis passport renewal require the passport holder to send the following documents to the St Kitt’s passport office.
- Old (original) passport;
- Two recent suitable passport photos;
- St. Kitts and Nevis Citizenship Certificate;
- A Birth Certificate;
- Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) issued by St. Kitts & Nevis.
- A filled and completed St. Kitts and Nevis passport renewal application form
Other documents may be required under special conditions such as:
- Marriage Certificate, only if the applicant is intending to adopt the surname of their significant other;
- Decree absolute, if the applicant is intending to revert maiden name
- Police report and affidavit in the case the passport has been lost or stolen.
The renewal process usually takes about two to three months. There is also a fast track channel with an accelerated processing time of just two to three weeks, which applicants can choose by paying a surcharge fee.
Cost of passport renewal for St. Kitts and Nevis includes legal fees, government fees, passport fees, police clearance certificate fees, bank fees.
The government passport renewal fee St Kitts and Nevis is set at $100 per person.
Frequently Asked Questions & Answers
What are St Kitts and Nevis passport benefits?
St. Kitts and Nevis passport gives the holders visa-free access to 156 countries or regions out of 199 destinations worldwide. There are no income, wealth, estate, or inheritance taxes in the island country.
What are the St Kitts and Nevis passport cost?
Apart from the investments in the pre-approved real estate or contribution to the Sustainable Growth Fund starting at $150,000 along with due diligence fees, processing fees, and passport issuance fees. Or $200,000 if through the real estate investment route which also includes due diligence, processing, and passport issuance fees. You can check the total cost by using our calculator here.
What are St Kitts and Nevis passport ranking?
According to the Q1 2021Henley Passport Index, the global ranking of St. Kitts and Nevis passport is in 25th place out of 199 destinations.
What are St Kitts and Nevis passport visa-free countries list?
St. Kitts & Nevis passport holders enjoy visa-free travel to over 100 countries, including all EU Schengen countries, Switzerland, UK, and Ireland. The full list of these countries can be found on its government website. If you are interested in getting more detailed information on how to get a passport of the beautiful island country of St. Kitts and Nevis in the Caribbean, please contact us today for a free individual consultation with our experts.