The breathtaking Caribbean nation of St. Kitts and Nevis has long been admired for its natural beauty, its status as one of the world’s hottest tourist destinations, and its close ties to the UK and EU. What is most interesting about the aesthetically stunning country, however, is that it offers investors the chance to obtain its citizenship through the St kitts and Nevis citizenship by investment program.
The Saint Kitts and Nevis passport is one of the most powerful in the world, not to mention the strongest one in the Organization of Eastern European States, and provides its holder visa-free access to a whopping 156 destinations worldwide including the UK, EU, Singapore, and many others.
We at Migronis, as experienced practitioners and seasoned experts in the field of St kitts and Nevis immigration, will cover the most important points you should know if you are considering obtaining a St Kitts economic citizenship, and will highlight why the magnificent St. Kitts and Nevis could prove an excellent option for you.
Benefits of Saint Kitts and Nevis citizenship by investment
The benefits of getting a St. Kitts and Nevis passport are too many to include in one article, but we will give it a go and list the major allures of the program and the St. Kitts passport. Here are the top St kitts and Nevis citizenship benefits:
1. Global Mobility – The St. Kitts and Nevis passport grants its holder visa-free access to 156 destinations worldwide, the most prominent of which are the UK, EU, Hong Kong, Russia, and Singapore. Holders of the St. Kitts passport can also obtain a 10-year visa to the USA and Canada. The map below highlights the prowess of the St. Kitts passport.
2. A tax haven – Many investors worldwide choose St. Kitts and Nevis tax residency for their wealth. It makes absolute sense as the country’s tax regime is one of the best in the world, just take a look at the following tax rates in St. Kitts and Nevis:
- Income tax: 0%
- Wealth tax: 0%
- Inheritance tax: 0%
- Capital gains tax for assets in St. Kitts and Nevis sold after only 1 year of acquisition:0%
It is no wonder then many investors choose to buy St. Kitts citizenship not only to gain travel freedom but to free their finances of any taxation shackles.
3. The more the merrier – St. Kitts and Nevis allow you to add an outstanding range of family members to add to your application, as St. Kitts and Nevis government allows you to add:
- Dependent children below 30 years of age
- Dependent siblings below 30 years of age
- Dependent parents and grandparents of the main applicant and/or spouse aged 55 years or older
This means you can hypothetically add the entire family to one application and one investment, and all of them can enjoy the perks of becoming citizens of St. Kitts and Nevis.
4. Quick and Simple – The process of getting a passport is quick and simple and can be done in as little as 45 days without the need for physical immigration to st kitts and nevis or even travelling to the country! More on this is listed below in the article.
5. Affordable pricing – Obtaining a St. Kitts and Nevis passport requires you to invest an amount starting at US $150,000, we have provided an entire section in this article dedicated to explaining the investment options so you know exactly the St Kitts citizenship cost.
6. Let’s do some business – Being a commonwealth country St. Kitts and Nevis is perfectly positioned to act as a second base for your business, as its economic ties to the UK and EU are second to none.
7. A resolute “Plan B” – nothing is better than second citizenship when it comes to contingency planning. In the most difficult of times holding a St. Kitts second passport that can get you in and out of places quickly and efficiently is imperative for you and your family’s well-being. Take the coronavirus pandemic as a great example, with the global travel ban dual citizens had more options than those with one passport. Also, keep in mind that St. Kitts and Nevis only had 30 coronavirus cases throughout 2020.
8. A great second home – If you are looking for a retiring home, a new home, or just a change of scenery St. Kitts and Nevis is one of the best options in the world. As its pristine beaches, outstanding weather, low cost of living, English speaking population, abundance of activities, and internationally renowned cuisine makes it a great place to call home.
The benefits of a Saint Kitts and Nevis citizenship by investment are too much to count, yet we wanted to highlight the main ones that our clients get the privilege to enjoy. But enough of the why, and let us go to the how.
Information about St Kitts and Nevis citizenship program
The St. Kitts and Nevis citizenship by investment program, established in 1984, is the oldest citizenship by investment program in the world. Since its introduction, thousands of investors and their families have obtained a St. Kitts passport and the popularity of the program is still growing on the global stage.
The program itself is simple and straightforward, as well as being reasonably priced. The premise is simple, the government of St. Kitts and Nevis has set out two investment options, which we will cover in more detail throughout this article, and investors choose one and are awarded a St. Kitts and Nevis passport and citizenship for them and their eligible family members.
The process, in addition to being very simple and not requiring any travel or status as a resident in St. Kitts and Nevis, is swift as well. The entire timeline is about 3 months in total, meaning you can start the process at the end of winter and have your St. Kitts second citizenship come summer. The government also provides an accelerated process that enables you to get St. Kitts citizenship and passport in just 45-60 days.
The program is quite simple as well, as the Saint Kitts and Nevis citizenship requirements are extremely simple, for example there is no age limit, language requirement, residency permit requirement, experience requirement, or education threshold you must meet to be eligible for St. Kitts and Nevis citizenship. You only need to have a clean background, make the investment, and submit an application.
Due to the extreme popularity of the program, the government of St. Kitts and Nevis has created a specialized unit to handle the applications instead of referring them to the St. Kitts and Nevis immigration department. This unit has been dubbed the Citizenship by Investment Unit (CBIU) and handles all matters related to the St. Kitts citizenship by investment program.
To give you a better idea of how the process works these are the main steps you will take to get your new St. Kitts and Nevis passport:
- Sign a contract with a licensed agent who will help you Collect the required documentation
- Make the investment and submit the application
- Receive your passports and citizenship certificates
Yes. It is that easy.
Comparison of Caribbean Citizenship by Investment Programs
Many countries in the Caribbean offer citizenship by investment. If you are not sure whether to choose Saint Kitts and Nevis, compare all Caribbean citizenship programs here.